[TriLUG] Diskless w/s for legacy DOS app?

Jason Tower jason at cerient.net
Wed Nov 13 20:46:32 EST 2002

1. if you only have two POS systems and want to keep it simple, don't have one
windows/DOS system and one linux system.  go with two windows/DOS systems or
two linux systems.

2. if people at the store have neither linux nor significant windows/DOS
experience, then i'd say it doesn't make much difference which one is used.
for my money, linux is far more stable and reliable, has superior remote
administration capability, and is easier to backup and recover in event of
disaster.

like i said, it sounds like an interesting challenge and i'd be happy to lend
a hand if you wish.

jason