[TriLUG] Silly file format conversion

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Thu Nov 14 13:23:42 EST 2002

I think we got around this simply by ending the name of the file with a
".csv".  CSV was one of th types of files that DDE automaticaly assigned
to Excel, so when you clicked on the file, Whindows automatically opened
the file in Excel.

There are some conversion programs.  I think we looked at a stand alone
one that cost around $500.  If you know VB, this is a really easy
program to write (if you have office loaded).

Good Luck