[TriLUG] Root problems

William Gomeringer neisture at pihlopase.mine.nu
Thu Nov 14 13:48:20 EST 2002

I have been running into a LOT of strange problems lately, but since I
am running Debian unstable I guess I'm getting what I deserve. Anyway,
I'm getting these errors when I try to run certain programs as root on a
terminal only.

dpkg: 'ldconfig' not found on PATH.
dpkg: 'start-stop-daemon' not found on PATH.
dpkg: 'install-info' not found on PATH.
dpkg: 'update-rc.d' not found on PATH.

I have no problems when logged into X and I use Eterm and I haven't
changed anything so these files are in my path.

Another problem that just surfaced, and I know this is not Debian
specific since I am running the same setup on my laptop and have not
seen this problem, when I open Galeon(CVS version) it just continues to
open Galeon windows until I exit X. I had 30+ windows spawn one right
after the other. Any ideas?
--
William Gomeringer <neisture at pihlopase.mine.nu>