[TriLUG] Writing Complex make files for c/ c++/ and Java

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Sat Nov 16 21:11:52 EST 2002

On Fri, 2002-11-15 at 13:56, Christopher P Rigano wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Would anyone know where I could get information on developing simple,
> intermediate and complex make file facilities on Linux?

Hi Christopher,

If you're interested in learning how to use make for anything other than
trivial projects, please see:

  http://sources.redhat.com/autobook/

which is an *excellent* introduction to (and reference for) the "GNU
autotools".  As you read the book, I strongly recommend that you grab
the full source code for a few medium-to-large-ish projects and look at
how they used the tools.

And if you have any questions as you're working with them, feel free to
send them on to the list.

good luck,
Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
Post-Doctoral Researcher   |  Email:  ed at eh3.com,  ehill at mines.edu
Division of ESE            |  URLs:   http://www.eh3.com
Colorado School of Mines   |    http://cesep.mines.edu/people/edhill.php
Golden, CO  80401          |  Phones:  303-384-2094, 303-273-3483