[TriLUG] Kernel Compilation / Configuring Class

Corey Mutter mutterc at nc.rr.com
Tue Nov 19 12:29:12 EST 2002

I would be happy to teach a kernel compilation / configuring class.
Anytime in early December except the 7th or 11th is good for me.

How long should the class be and what kind of things should it cover?
I ask because:

I make custom kernels for all my machines, and have been doing so
since before loadable modules hit the scene (so one had to recompile
one's kernel frequently). However, I am therefore blissfully ignorant
of any way to compile that involves packaging systems, or any way to
install that doesn't involve lilo.

If everyone wants to compile from kernel.org tarballs, or if someone
wants to team up with me to cover packages / grub, then that's not a
problem.

Corey