[TriLUG] A question about LINUX FORMAT magazine

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Thu Nov 21 17:39:51 EST 2002

On Thu, 2002-11-21 at 17:19, al johson wrote:
> but I'm not thrilled
> about giving my credit card number to an overseas company.--Al Johnson.

Check your credit card agreement.  Most credit card companies nowadays
have zero-liability clauses for Internet purchases, which I assume this
would count as.  So if something goes wrong, you won't lose anything
assuming you dispute the charges properly.

I've made plenty of purchases overseas, in other currencies, and never
had a single problem.  If you feel the company to be reliable -- as you
obviously do with your positive review of their product -- then I
wouldn't hesitate at all using a credit card to purchase a subscription.

Now, as far as the reliability of mail delivery... that's another
question! :-)

--Jeremy