[TriLUG] A question about LINUX FORMAT magazine

Greg Brown gregbrown at mindspring.com
Thu Nov 21 19:05:28 EST 2002

I second that.  During my last trip to Asia I used my credit card all
over Korea and Japan.  Never had a problem and the exchange rate was
calculated automatically between yen, won, and dollars (and the
exchange rates were the posted numbers, or close enough that it didn't
matter).  My credit card provider did, however, send a semi-panicked
phone call to the house when the first 1,000,000.00 won charge showed
up for the hotel in Seoul!  I guess they were just looking at the
totals (the exchange rate made that charge about $800.00 or $900.00).

Greg