[TriLUG] has anyone setup TLS + ldap?

Ben Simpson ben at silextech.com
Wed Nov 27 16:14:28 EST 2002

oh man wonderful....

I have looked and looked all over the place and have found good
instructions on how to set this up.

But...... I am missing something.

I don't understand the part about the certificates.
I create the certificates and self sign them.
and I edit the slapd.conf file and put in the locations of my certs.

great.

I start the ldap server with
slapd -d 1 -h "ldaps:/// ldap:///"
everything seems ok. so far
when I open GQ with tls option I notice on the server that I have an
unknown CA.

That make sense because I made and signed the certificate my self.
How do I tell the client that this is a good CA server?

Ben