[TriLUG] Always spell check

William Gomeringer neisture at pihlopase.mine.nu
Sun Dec 1 13:37:45 EST 2002

On Sun, 2002-12-01 at 10:38, Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:
> On Sun, 1 Dec 2002, Kevin Sonney wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Nov 30, 2002 at 10:53:34PM -0500, William Gomeringer spoke thusly:
> > > http://panopticon.csustan.edu/thood/tp600lnx.htm All the modules seem to
> > > load properly using alsa now, but still no sound. I have found that
>
> We had one of these 600s show up at the last NCSU installfest, and after
> much kicking and screaming, we managed to make sound work on it.
>
> Now, if memory serves, this is what did the trick (and yes, we could
> pretty this up and put it in /etc/modules.conf, but it worked in rc.local,
> and we were content with that).
>
> /sbin/modprobe soundcore
> /sbin/modprobe sound dmabuf=1
> /sbin/insmod ad1848
> /sbin/insmod uart401
> /sbin/insmod cs4232 io=0x530 irq=5 dma=0 dma2=1
>
> hth,

Nope, I'm beginning to think that this is the only Thinkpad 600 to ship
with some obscure sound chip and owning it is kind of like finding that
one in a billion special colored M&M that wins you a billion dollars.
When is the next install fest? Could I bring this along and see if
someone has better luck than me? Thanks, William