[TriLUG] Linux webcam apps?

Sinner from the Prairy sinner at escomposlinux.org
Mon Dec 2 11:20:34 EST 2002

On Sun, 2002-12-01 at 19:53, B. Evans wrote:
> I recently acquired an Intel CS330 webcam which I would like to hook up
> to my RedHat8 webserver.  I've looked around for a simple program that
> would be able to take a snap shot from the camera on some regular basis.
>  Any one have a recommendation on how to set this up?

> Thanks,
> bp

I remember playing with an appc called "webcam". It gets snapshots and
publishes them to your (local) apache server. Should be either on your
Red Hat CDs or at Freshmeat.net

Also, you can try XawTv and Gnomemeeting, althogh they do not seem to be
capable of doing what you want ("take a snap shot from the camera on
some regular basis")

Salut,
Sinner
--