[TriLUG] PPD file question

Janyne Kizer janyne_kizer at ncsu.edu
Tue Dec 3 11:59:11 EST 2002

Do any of you have experience editing PPD files?  I would like to edit a
PPD file to allow it to use an envelope feeder.  The problem seems to be
related to the InputSlot section of the file but I am having no luck
getting this to work:

*InputSlot Envelope/Envelope Feeder: " mark {
   (<<) cvx exec
         /InputAttributes (<<) cvx exec /Priority [6] (>>) cvx exec
   (>>) cvx exec setpagedevice
  } stopped cleartomark "
*End

This is for a LaserJet 4.  According to the manuals the tray assignments
are as follows

0 = print from current source
1 = paper cassette
2 = manual feed paper
3 = manual feed envelope
4 = multipurpose tray
5 = optional 500 sheet cassette
6 = envelope feeder

What is happening is I can select the tray but it uses the manual feed
(ME FEED ENVELOPE) rather than the envelope feeder.

--

Janyne Kizer
Systems Programmer Administrator