[TriLUG] urg. wrong drive booting

H Brett Bolen wingedlizard at nc.rr.com
Wed Dec 4 12:32:17 EST 2002

does hda have lilo on it?  I do not know why hdc would
be prefered over hda -- maybe hda's lilo is telling it to
boot root off of hdc.

If you get a lilo prompt you can do a

> boot: linux root=/dev/hda2

This is from

> http://home.att.net/~lilo-boot/faq_er.htm

There would probably be a way to do this for other os's
too if you dug deep enough.

if all else fails ( and you have backups), then you
can try to boot off of a dos floppy and try `fdisk /mbr`