[TriLUG] Tunnel two networks together?

bp bpevans at bellsouth.net
Thu Dec 5 14:36:26 EST 2002

  Will some sort of  VPN between Linux boxes on the internet bridge
their internal class C networks?  And to make it interesting, only one
is visible on the internet so box B would have to initiate any connection.

The *need*  is to allow Samba/Windows shares to be accessable in either
direction between the two networks.

Host A is accessable via the internet but can not reach host B because
of service provider firewalls or router rules.  Host B can contact host
A on any port.  I expect that their is some sort of swan deployment that
would allow Host B to open a tunnel to Host A's network.

What FAQ do I read or what software do I need to configure?

Would host A & B need to be on the same class C subnet?  Or would you
just route one C subnet across the tunnel to another C subnet?

Thanks,
bp