[TriLUG] Laptop issue: resizing partition

Andrew Perrin clists at perrin.socsci.unc.edu
Fri Dec 6 14:58:49 EST 2002

Roy,

Thanks - actually I can boot off the floppy fine, but once linux loads it
stops running, because the floppy is USB-based.  That means I can't load
the root disk after booting to a rescue disk.

There is a solution, though: I can boot to debian's bootable install CD
using the CD-ROM, which is ATAPI/PCMCIA so it's built into the stock
kernel.  That's what I'll do if power is ever restored at home.

ap

clists at perrin.socsci.unc.edu * andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu