[TriLUG] Re: Re: Road Runner problems anyone?

James Manning jmm at sublogic.com
Mon Dec 9 21:12:02 EST 2002

> On Mon, 2002-12-09 at 13:27, James Manning wrote:
> > same here - solid cable modem before the storm (cable was fine up
> > until I did a controlled shutdown of everything on the UPS that
> > included the cable modem) but it's been dead the entire time power has
> > been back (5:38pm Sat).

just for completeness, the cable modem came back sometime during the
day today.  got home, checked the web server at 192.168.100.1, saw
that the cable modem finally got a downstream lock (@ 609 MHz, as it's
always been when it's working) and did a release/renew on the linksys
firewall/access-point thingy to get it from 192.168.100.2 to a public
IP, and everything's working great.
--
James Manning <http://www.sublogic.com/james/>
GPG Key fingerprint = B913 2FBD 14A9 CE18 B2B7  9C8E A0BF B026 EEBB F6E4