[TriLUG] Kickstart Questions/problems

Chris Knowles knowlesc at telocity.com
Tue Dec 10 12:48:56 EST 2002

Well, I've used Kickstart to get text based systems running, but now
I've been tasked to get a workstation setup as close to automatic as
possible for a wide variety of hardware.  'Whopee' think I... 'I'll use
kickstart'

Well, everything works just fine... except... if I specify xconfig in
the kickstart file, the install fails.  If I leave xconfig out, and let
it prompt me, take the same values that xconfig was using, then it works
fine.  Attached is the ks.cfg file.  Unfortunately, I can't seem to save
the error to floppy, or I'd attach that too.

Any help/insight you can give would be appreciated.

CJK