[TriLUG] Another networking question: sending iptables logging to a virtual terminal?

prhodes at vdsinc.com prhodes at vdsinc.com
Tue Dec 10 14:29:38 EST 2002

Another question... back when I used to use SuSE Linux, their default
firewall setup
had a feature that sent the iptables log messages to one of the virtual
terminals.  I'm
using RedHat now, and kinda miss that feature.  Does anybody know how I'd
go
about creating the same effect?

Thanks,

Phillip Rhodes
Application Designer
Voice Data Solutions
919-571-4300 x225
prhodes at vdsinc.com

Those who are willing to sacrifice essential liberties for a little order,
will lose both and deserve neither. - Benjamin Franklin

This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it.
Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can
exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their
revolutionary right to overthrow it.  - Abraham Lincoln

No citizen shall be denied the right to bear arms, if as a last resort, to
protect themselves from tyranny in Government. - Thomas Jefferson