[TriLUG] Flat panel display opinions?

Jeff Jackowski jeffj1 at hiwaay.net
Tue Dec 10 15:45:35 EST 2002

On Tue, 10 Dec 2002, Andrew Perrin wrote:

>It looks like this requires a special video card - is that right? Is it
>worth the bother?

I got it with the Multi-link adapter. It will take DFP, DVI, and regular
old VGA for input. The special video cards are no longer worth bothering
with -- that is the major reason why I got the adapter. I'm using an old
Matrox G200 with VGA out and it works just fine. Using VGA as input allows
some very slight color fluctuations, but they are only noticable under
very specific conditions that I don't often encounter, save for starting
the X server, so it isn't a big deal.  I'm told the G550 can manage to use
the display's full resolution with its DVI output.

BTW: There may well be better displays than the 1600SW available now, but
I'm still throughly impressed with it.

--
Jeff Jackowski
        http://ro.com/~jeffj/