[TriLUG] Sun Ultra 60 trouble

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Tue Dec 10 16:53:18 EST 2002

On Tue, 2002-12-10 at 16:56, Ryan Leathers wrote:
> This is probably strictly a hardware problem but just in case...
> I have a Sun Ultra 60 (3D Creator) running Mandrake Business Server
> It no longer boots.  When I power it on I can see all the fans spin and
> I hear a single beep.
> I can tell that the hard drives spin up.  There is no display, no light
> on the keyboard or on the power switch.
> I have reseated the dual CPU's and all of the memory modules, replaced
> the video card, and monitor...
> Any ideas ?

Is anything coming off the serial port? Also, when Sun machines are
happy, they tend to flash the LEDs on the keyboard. If this isn't
occuring, you likely have a hardware failure.

~spot
---
Tom "spot" Callaway <tcallawa(a)redhat*com> Red Hat Sales Engineer
Sair Linux and GNU Certified Administrator (LCA)
Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
GPG: D786 8B22 D9DB 1F8B 4AB7  448E 3C5E 99AD 9305 4260

The words and opinions reflected in this message do not necessarily
reflect those of my employer, Red Hat, and belong solely to me.

"Immature poets borrow, mature poets steal." --- T. S. Eliot