[TriLUG] OpenOffice

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Wed Dec 11 14:42:09 EST 2002

On Wed, 2002-12-11 at 12:26, Daniel Monjar wrote:
> Anyone using OpenOffice?  I'm trying it out under RH 7.3.  The default
> fonts for the menues, and for the install appand the dialog boxes is
> strange.  All of text labels look to be double spaced.  For instance, 'File
> Open' looks more like 'F  i  l  e    O  p  e  n'.
>
> It is a little disconcerting... any ideas?

Yes, I had this problem and Google helped me find the fix:

  http://acd.ucar.edu/~fredrick/linux/openoffice.html
  http://www.openoffice.org/FAQs/fontguide.html
   ==> see the section on "User interface font looks garbled"

hth,
Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
Post-Doctoral Researcher   |  Email:  ed at eh3.com,  ehill at mines.edu
Division of ESE            |  URLs:   http://www.eh3.com
Colorado School of Mines   |    http://cesep.mines.edu/people/hill.htm
Golden, CO  80401          |  Phones:  303-384-2094, 303-273-3483