[TriLUG] A Newbie's question about changing hardware on my Linux machine.

al johson alfjon at mindspring.com
Thu Dec 12 02:25:50 EST 2002

Thanks a lot, Sinner. I esp. appreciated the advice since you have actually
done the same thing and on the same distribution!! Don't worry about my
handling of hard drives. I've handled more than I could remember over the
years. In the early years you sometimes had to hit them with a plastic
hammer to make them work!!
Or sometimes you could slam them on a table really hard to get them to spin
up. And I'm not lying about that!!  But these particular drives are each
mounted in their own protective plastic drawers. Each drawer contains two
ventilation fans (one in the front and one in the rear) to keep the drive
cool. The only time they get handled at all is when I decide to switch from
one OS to the other. Again, thanks for the super assistance.---Al