[TriLUG] LVS performance/scale

Ken Mink kmtrilug at nc.rr.com
Fri Dec 13 16:57:31 EST 2002

I too used LVS at a former employer. Our configuration was almost
identical to Jon's. We ran LVS on a pair of machines, one was a warm
backup and would take the IPs from the first if the first failed.

LVS scaled well. We were using some low end machines and never had a
performance problem. Our actual traffic was pretty close to what Jon
tested and they just hummed.

LVS is also on of the best documented OpenSource projects. There is a
QuickStart guide that does a very good job of covering most
configurations. If you need more the full guide is huge and well
written.

Ken