[TriLUG] login issues

jwtickle at jtsoft.net jwtickle at jtsoft.net
Sun Dec 15 12:00:03 EST 2002

Yesterday, I was trying to run something under Wine, and I'm pretty sure the X
server crashed.  (the display scrambled and ctrl+alt+backspace had no effect,
neither did anything else)  I couldn't do anything, so I hit the reset button.

Now it seems to boot fine, but when I get to the login prompt and type my
username, it just clears the screen and displays the login prompt again
(instead of prompting me for a password.)  Any ideas of what is wrong and what
steps I can take to fix it?  (its a good thing I didn't clonk Windows off my
computer as I had planned...)

Thanks in advance

-Jeff