[TriLUG] [OT] Setting up a home wireless network

kevin at flanagannc.net kevin at flanagannc.net
Sun Dec 15 18:15:02 EST 2002

Quoting Andrew Perrin <clists at perrin.socsci.unc.edu>:

Andrew,

  I have a linux based firewall/router, and just plugged my WAP, Dlink, into
the switch, everything works just fine.  It's what I'm using to send this mail.

  Did you get a WAP only, or is it a switch, etc as well?  Being that you have
our router, and I'm guessing a switch or hub, you don't need anything but an
AP.  There are some bargains out there, most vendors are discontinuing the AP
only hardware.

  The AP is really just a bridge, it shouldn't be an issue.

Kevin