[TriLUG] Telocity/DirecTVDSL defunct

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Mon Dec 16 10:56:45 EST 2002

On Mon, 2002-12-16 at 09:54, Chris Knowles wrote:
> OK...
>
> So it looks like I'm getting a new broadband provider...
>
> Who do people recommend?  It looks like either BellSouth or
> RoadRunner...
>
> Of course, now there is the whole earthlink or RR, or max.inter.net...
>
> What to choose?  I'm currently looking at Earthlink or RR, but I'm happy
> to hear any recommendations.

I signed up for Earthlink Cable Internet last night, for reasons
independent of the DirectTVDSL crash-n-burn.  (Decided that I'd ditch my
phone line and dialup provider, so it will only cost me about $10 more
per month for broadband.)  The first install date available was January
6.  So if you want to get installed sometime in the near future, I
suggest you hurry!

Note that http://www.twc-nc.com/ shows a list of all the providers that
resell TWC broadband Internet, including their own service (Road
Runner), but I don't think that affects the install process.

--Jeremy