[TriLUG] very cool graphs from google of topics/date

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Mon Dec 16 11:31:41 EST 2002

On Mon, 2002-12-16 at 11:08, Jon Carnes wrote:
> Google has listed the top search words (in categories) and for some of
> them graphed out their popularity as a function of time.
>
> The coolest graph is of something called Las Ketchup.  They show the
> popularity across time as it moves from one global region to the next.
>
> Theses graphs are a sociologist dream!

I agree that the graphs are cool, and I enjoyed looking at them when I
saw them last week.  However, notice that none of the graphs have any
hard numbers associated with them.  There's never any legend on the
vertical axis!  Kinda odd -- I guess they somehow don't want to give out
that much information?

Very interesting article in this month's Wired on Google:
http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/11.01/google_pr.html

(yes I saw that on /.)

--Jeremy