[TriLUG] Re: Telocity/DirecTVDSL defunct

James Manning jmm at sublogic.com
Mon Dec 16 12:36:59 EST 2002

> [Thomas C. Meggs]
> Recall also that the people that come to your house to fix it are TWC
> employed, not Earthlink people. From my experience overall these people
> that come to your house are grossly incompetant and haven't the
> slightest clue what in the hell is going on with your equipment. I've
> had even had two 'linemen' out to my house as well, with no luck on
> improving my connection problems.

I've noticed the same, up until getting the right guy out there that
checks signal levels and tends to fix the probem (in my experience) by
crimping on new connectors cuz the guys they initially sent out
didn't do it correctly.  Downright scary how much cleaner things were
after just a couple of new connectors.  I'm glad the signal quality
was low enough so I was getting lots of errors.  It's nice that the
cable modem internal web servers expose things like CRC error counts :)
--
James Manning <http://www.sublogic.com/james/>
GPG Key fingerprint = B913 2FBD 14A9 CE18 B2B7  9C8E A0BF B026 EEBB F6E4