[TriLUG] other LUGs

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Mon Dec 16 19:57:05 EST 2002

On Mon, 2002-12-16 at 13:47, gregbrown at mindspring.com wrote:
> Has anyone from TriLUG dealt with other LUGs from around the Country?  Are
> they are as good as TriLUG about setting up install-fests for those who don't
> know how to install Linux?  I imagine so, but I wanted to ask anyway.

Hi Greg,

The Denver ("CLUE"), Boulder, and Northern Colorado (Ft. Collins) LUGs
all have fairly frequent (2--4 times per year) Installfests:

  http://clue.denver.co.us/
  http://lug.boulder.co.us/
  http://www.nclug.org/

and the Hacking Society

  http://www.hackingsociety.org/

(which is more-or-less an outgrowth of the above LUGs) supports _weekly_
events where you can get help with Linux installs and configuration
issues in addition to the normal "whatcha hackin' on?" fare.

You folks back in NC should check out the HS web site and think about
starting an RTP chapter!  ;-)  Its a great excuse to get together at a
coffee house with 802.11b-delivered broadband and collaborate on Free
and Open Source projects.  And drink a lot of coffee!

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
Post-Doctoral Researcher   |  Email:  ed at eh3.com,  ehill at mines.edu
Division of ESE            |  URLs:   http://www.eh3.com
Colorado School of Mines   |    http://cesep.mines.edu/people/hill.htm
Golden, CO  80401          |  Phones:  303-384-2094, 303-273-3483