[TriLUG] Setting up BellSouth DSL w/Mandrake 9.0

Sinner from the Prairy sinner at escomposlinux.org
Tue Dec 17 08:46:39 EST 2002

On Monday 16 December 2002 12:5012pm, biogod at email.unc.edu wrote:
> Just recently got BellSouth DSL installed and I've been trying to
> connect to it via my linux box w/o success.  Eth0 comes up just fine,
> but I just can't connect to the internet, check mail, etc.  Does
> anyone have a good step-by-step procedure when setting up DSL
> w/Mandrake?  You are more than welcome to reply off-list so as to not
> take up space.

> Scott K.

GUI way:
While living at Chapel Hill, I had BellSouth ADSL and Mandrake. Very
easy to set up. Use the internet connnection wizard, select ADSL
conenction, enter the data and you are done!

Probably it will ask you for the CDs to install rp-pppoe package.

CLI way:
You can install the package rp-pppoe by hand, check the man pages for
rp-pppoe and run the adsl-setup (or something similar), answer a few
questions and you are on the net.

Salut,
Sinner
--
http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/     Linux User # 89976
Testing Mandrake 9.0 -    Linux Machine # 38068