[TriLUG] network troubles

J. Bryan Kelly bryankelly at ktti.com
Tue Dec 17 19:11:14 EST 2002

I am not sure about Suse8.1, but I seem to recall in Suse that if you
start KDE there is a menu item (out of many, many (my biggest Suse
complaint)) that would control the network -- you just stop the dhcp and
start eth0 and restart.

This was months ago, but at the time I dug into it and it was basically
a little app that called a python script
that managed the network settings.

Sorry I can't remember more details, but I don't have that particular PC
any longer.

Bryan