[TriLUG] Telocity/DirecTVDSL defunct

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Tue Dec 17 23:28:41 EST 2002

On Tue, 2002-12-17 at 21:36, al johson wrote:

>     How do you continue to receive your email after you get a new dsl email
> address?? I've heard hints that there are some websites which can forward
> all you email to your new address, but I haven't heard a thorough discussion
> of that problem.

Many people choose email servers that are independent of their bandwidth
provider.  I've done this for years with the pobox.com forwarding
service -- it's only $15/year and well worth the "mobility" it gives me
in where I receive your email.  There are many many other mail
forwarding services out there (mail.com has quite a few different
"vanity names" available for example).

Since I see you have a mindspring.com address, you might prefer the
Earthlink DSL or Cable service, since you can keep that address, but I
think it's very wise to keep your email separate.  Of course, there's
the possibility that pobox.com will go under for me -- you can't get
true independence without owning your own domain.

--Jeremy