[TriLUG] RPM: spec file questions

H Brett Bolen wingedlizard at nc.rr.com
Fri Dec 20 11:24:36 EST 2002

Thanks to all those who've answered questions.

My goal is to :

    put the rpm build scripts/spec/config files for a project into cvs
    allow any developer to build the rpm spec and not:
       worry about permisions
       worry about file ownership
       change to root
    build an rpm that installs binaries to a user account (
       such as  /home/app_user, with all of the correct permisions
       ownerships, etc).  The installers/users are not computer
       savy.  They will not be building the binaries, and
       possibly may not even have the tools on there system
       to build softare.
    Get this running with 'Current' at some point in time.

It looks like all of the peices are there, I just need
to put them together.

If anybody has done this and want's to send me an example
spec file, I'd appreciate it.

thanks again.