[TriLUG] replacement for netscrape mail

Rodent of Unusual Size Ken.Coar at Golux.Com
Fri Dec 20 13:19:23 EST 2002

'the time has come,' the walrus said..

i've been using netscrape for my main browser on both linux and
windows, and as my mua on windows, for years now.  i've got 4.79.
i tried 6.0 when it came out, but it sucked so badly i fled the
experience.

however, netscrape just doesn't cut it any more, so i need to
upgrade to some more current integrated browser/mua solution,
specifically on windows.

mozilla seems cool as a browser, but does it do mail?  how about
other alternatives?

one big aspect is that i have several *gb* of mail archived in
netscrape mbox+ format (mbox plus their .snm index file).  so
whatever mua i move to needs to at least be able to handle the
mbox files, and preferably the index files as well.

and lastly, the mua needs to be able to leave pop messages on the
server, and keep track of its own pop state and not rely on any
notion the server may have about which ones are new and which
have already been downloaded.

so.. anyone have any suggestions?  will mozilla do it?  or opera?

tia!
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"