[TriLUG] replacement for netscrape mail

Chris Bullock cgbullock at cox.net
Fri Dec 20 13:47:49 EST 2002

Pros
We have been tring to standardize on mozilla mail at our office on
windows and linux.  We have an IMAP mail server and I personally have it
set up to fetch from other POP servers and leave the message.  It does
this very well.  We previously used netscrape and the transition for our
users was flawless, since it looks and acts just like netscape.

Complaints
I have tried to connect from home to our IMAP server with no luck, I do
not know if this is a SSL issue with Mozilla or with our mail server,
all other clients seem to work fine even MS lookout.  There is no
spellcheck for compositon.  I have also had trouble cutting and pasting
to and from emails.

--Chris