flogging (was Re: [TriLUG] Outlook express and ssl.)

Ben Simpson ben at silextech.com
Fri Dec 20 14:17:25 EST 2002

Dec 20 14:11:18 thor imapd[24559]: connect from zues.silextech.com
Dec 20 14:11:19 thor imapd[24559]: imaps SSL service init from XXX.XXX.XXX.XX
Dec 20 14:11:19 thor imapd[24559]: Login user=ben host=zues.silextech.com [XXX.XXX.XX.XX]

I ended up looking at the logs (which is what I should have done in the
first place).   I compaired a session that I had open with Mozilla
Mail/SSL (which i knew was working) and with the one I had with
Outlook/SSL.  And they look the same.

Outlook doesn't show if it is in SSL "mode" or not. Or not that I know
of anyway.

Ben