[TriLUG] email (imap) setup question

Heath Holcomb bluetea at nc.rr.com
Mon Dec 30 10:45:04 EST 2002

Port 113 is identd, pop3 is port 110. Some IRC servers force clients to
have identd running, but I'm not sure why IMAP would need it. You don't
say what IMAP implentation you're using, but I use courier IMAP and it
doesn't seem to require identd. I don't know about UW IMAP, but I would
imagine you can also configure it to not do this check.

Heath