[TriLUG] Some Newbie Linux Questions

Lisa C. Boyd lisab at trilug.org
Tue Dec 31 09:09:25 EST 2002

al johnson wrote:
> This leads me to the conclusion that instead of having newbie classes on a
> complicated subject like recompiling the kernel, maybe we should start with
> the basics. O.K. thanks to an installfest you now have a working Linux
> machine. How to get the essentials working and how do you deal with the
> Differences between the applications you were familiar with but can't use
> anymore. --email, burning disks, figuring out how the basic graphics
> programs.

Hey Al! Just wanted to let you know that I hear you :) After things calm
down at my house, I'll have time to work on a more detailed schedule for
classes in 2003. Rest assured I'll be trying to balance newbie classes
and advanced classes as I can. I've taken ideas from the list on classes
to have - and we could have one every month for at least a year :)

As a teaser - we're in the process of setting up an installfest in
February. I will also be working on either information for newbies to
give out at the installfest (which I'll make available on the main web
site) or perhaps I'll also be able to setup a class for beginners.

Stay tuned to the list and thanks for everyone's patience :)
Lisa B.