[TriLUG] Port Numbers (was: email (imap) setup question)

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Wed Jan 1 09:20:24 EST 2003

Good stuff.  I can't remember which port is which.  They say the mind is
the first to go.

Question:
How come the ports for SMTP, HTTP, etc indicate UDP and TCP?  I thought
they used TCP.  I locked down this server so tight that nothing worked
at all.  It was really cool.  Now, I'd like to selectively unlock it.  I
tried TCP to no avail and think I might add UDP as well.

On DHCP, is that the same thing as bootstrap protocol?

Happy New Year!

Ummm.  Mimosa good.