[TriLUG] New Thinkpad T23!

Chris Merrill cmerrill at nc.rr.com
Thu Jan 2 08:16:57 EST 2003

Kevin Flanagan wrote:
> The recovery CDs are fine, but for the most part you need OS CDs, and a
> collection of drivers on CD for the machine is all.  I never like the
> vendor installations anyways.  I expect to reload systems every now and
> then.

I think that's the big benefit - it has all the correct drivers, including
APM, which is very importanat for a laptop.  And you don't have to sit
through all the various prompts from the installer.  They've automated most
of it...so after a few up-front questions, you walk away.  I find it far
superior to the Win2k manual installation.

--
Chris Merrill
cmerrill at nc.rr.com