[TriLUG] Mirroring solutions for Samba shares?

bp bpevans at bellsouth.net
Thu Jan 2 12:09:31 EST 2003

Well if anyone followed my earlier emails about '\rm -fr'ing 4gb
unintentionally you’ll understand why this question came about.

I’m looking to accurately mirror a Windows files system on to my Red Hat
server as a means of redundancy. In the past I’ve seen Windows share
copying as unreliable since several mp3s always seem to get munched in
the transfer. This makes me apprehensive about scripting my own smbmount
kind of solution. I can’t afford a tape or hardware solution for a 20GB
backup. But I do have plenty of disk on both sides.

Are their any recommended mirroring programs for this type of
application? Ways to make samba transfer more accurate?

Thanks,
bp