[TriLUG] email (imap) setup question

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Thu Jan 2 16:57:19 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-01-02 at 10:42, Robert Dale wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Jan 2003, Henryk M. Kowalski wrote:
>
> > # default: off
> > using \
> > #              an IMAP client such as Mutt, Pine, fetchmail, or Netscape \
> > #              Communicator.
> >
> > service imap
> > {
> >          disable = no
> >          socket_type             = stream
> >          wait                    = no
> >          user                    = root
> >          server                  = /usr/sbin/imapd
> >          log_on_success          += DURATION USERID
> >          log_on_failure          += USERID
> > }
>
> Remove USERID.  That causes xinetd to do an ident lookup.

Oops, I should have read the rest of my email before writing my previous
message.  Sorry folks, and thanks Robert for pointing this out.  My
quick scan of the xinetd man page didn't help me because it only calls
ident "the RFC 1413 identification protocol"  instead of "ident" or
"auth".  Sheesh. :)

--Jeremy