[TriLUG] email (imap) setup question

Henryk M. Kowalski kowalski at easternrad.com
Fri Jan 3 10:24:07 EST 2003

Errol Casey wrote:

> I believe the log USERID option will cause ident to be called
> you may want to remove the USERID option and/or disable the
> login and see if that prevents the ident call. (i.e. log_on_success
> and log_on_failure entries in the xinetd config)

Thanks to everyone who has responded.

Removing USERID from "log_on_success" and commenting out the line
"log_on_failure          += USERID" fixed the problem.
I was able to close port 113 on the firewall without breaking email.

btw - for the newer users (like myself): in case you're wondering, this
still lets the system log email access in /var/log/mail/info.

Thanks again,
--Henry