[TriLUG] All in one wireless access point/router question

Jason Tower jason at cerient.net
Mon Jan 6 00:42:31 EST 2003

i've never seen one that is setup the way you describe.  the wired ethernet
ports and wireless "ports" are all on the inside/LAN subnet, served from the
same DHCP pool, with no rules preventing traffic from passing between them.

however, the MR814 that i set up earlier today did have a DMZ section in the
config, but i didn't really pay any attention to it since it wasn't needed.
it's possible that you can designate an IP address or range on the lan side
to be segregated from the rest of the network, if so then you could
conceivably set up something like you describe.  maybe their website has more
info?  i'll take another look if/when i return.

jason