[TriLUG] Why IExplorer is (sometimes) so fast?

Sinner from the Prairy sinner at escomposlinux.org
Mon Jan 6 09:02:49 EST 2003

All,

I guess that you have seen IExplorer be incredibly fast... at least sometimes.

This is no coincidence. I's just a break of TCP's RFC. See it here:

http://grotto11.com/blog/?+1039831658

I woder why I'm not surprised...

Now, how about making Apache do something similar with Mozilla? Or stablish a
bogus-TCP (IExplorer) identifier, so IExplorer gets a 404 20% of the time,
like some kind of RFC's police ... Then, IExplorer users will get a degraded
performance. If they play the game, we all can...

Salut,
Sinner
--
http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/     Linux User # 89976
Running on Mandrake Linux 9.0 - Kernel  2.4.19smp  Linux Machine # 38068