[TriLUG] Sound cards

Larry Karnowski larry at oculan.com
Tue Jan 7 09:03:33 EST 2003

All,
I'm looking for a cheap sound card that'll play MP3s well on Linux
because Redhat 8.0 doesn't like the proprietary soundcard that's built
into my motherboard.

Does anyone know if the cheap sound cards at Intrex ("PCI Full-Duplex
Sound Card" for $15) will play on Linux?  I don't have any idea what
brand it is from that description.  I'm not looking for anything special
here, just will it play without pops, crackles, squeals, etc.(at least
not any more than what my music already has!)?

Thanks,
Larry