[TriLUG] Visio alternative

Lisa C. Boyd lisab at trilug.org
Tue Jan 7 11:24:02 EST 2003

On Mon, 2003-01-06 at 23:05, Mike M wrote:
> I've managed to do without Visio-like apps.  What sort of work do you use
> them for?  I use the drawing program in StarOffice, Gimp, and AutoCAD.  I
> know more about Powerpoint than is healthy and I hope I never create another
> overhead chart in my lifetime.

I had to laugh at your PPT comment - I would probably be the happiest
person in the world if I never had to do another presentation!

I am laying out a floor plan and was looking for some good stencils that
I can just plop in (like a bathroom, cabinets, etc.). Thanks for looking
into Kivio - I haven't gotten that far yet. Frankly, when I've done this
type of thing before I just use Illustrator on Win because that's what I
know inside and out. I'm trying to switch over to be more Linux hence my
question on the list of what I should use.

Just curious - AutoCAD isn't free is it? I'm thinking you have to pay
for that. Anyway, I'll probably just go with what I know best right now
since I have to have some drawings put together by tomorrow. Thanks for
the input though!

Lisa B.