[TriLUG] linuux mouse kvm problems

Tarus Balog tarus at sortova.com
Wed Jan 8 10:28:16 EST 2003

Lisa C. Boyd said:

> Still have to synch my monitor when I switch back and forth which is
> aggravating to say the least. Seriously considering moving everything to
>  one Linux machine, but I still have some programs that I have to use
> that are Winblows only. Reminds me that I need to look into that Win for
>  Lin software ...

I *love* VNC for stuff like this. I run a dual-head machine at home, and I
can  maximize the VNC window to the remote system in one screen and
continue to work in the other. On a local 100baseT net, the speed is not
too much of a factory (although playing 3D games would prolly be too
slow).

Set up VNC on your windows box and run everything from your Linux system.

-T

--
Tarus Balog
Consultant