[TriLUG] linuux mouse kvm problems

John Matthews jvmatthe at math.duke.edu
Wed Jan 8 11:32:29 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 11:21, Joseph Tate wrote:
> I've been pretty happy with my IOGear 4 port KVM.  The only problem with
> it: you use two taps of the control key to switch displays.  If you're
> playing Quake, that's usually the Jump button, and you can accidentally
> switch right as you're about to get Fragged.  Other than that, no
> problems with corded mice or displays.  Cordless mice is a different story.

I thought that my IOGear KVM (USB!) had the option to change the hotkey
to bring up the OSD to switch terminals. I realize this is heresy, but
have you checked the manual? *ducks*

Meanwhile, what problems with wireless mice? I've considered getting
one. Is it KVM-specific? I've heard of general problems under Linux with
wireless mice (jumpy cursor, cruddy resolution).

Regards,
matt

--
Matt Matthews     \ ph: 919.660.2811        \ Use GNU/Linux  _o) w00t
Duke Univ., Postdoc\ jvmatthe at math.duke.edu  \____________   /\\