[TriLUG] Iptables script...

Michael Thompson thompson at easternrad.com
Wed Jan 8 16:33:11 EST 2003

Thanks!  That will probably help with my freeswan troubleshooting!
BTW:  I am using RH 8.0 and doing service iptables save so the rules are
active at boot, the script is just for changing rules (to answer a

I have actually opened a port udp 500 (plus allowing protocols 50,51)
for freeswan, but one of the machines I want to connect from is on a Cox
High Speed internet account.  It appears that ports <8000 are blocked by
the ISP.  (BTW: I love my Time Warner cable at home)  Is there a way to
configure ipsec to listen on a diferent port?  I figure I could
re-compile from source but the guys on the freeswan irc have informed me
that it is a pain to compile on newer RH kernels..  I've tried some
redirection using iptables but I think changing the packets at the
firewall breaks the rsa authentication.

TIA!

--mike