[TriLUG] red hat sendmail rpms with tls support?

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Wed Jan 8 23:42:09 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 21:25, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> i'm not blaming red hat.  i understand their position; i was in a
> similar support role for a couple of decades.  regardless of
> whether there's any blame to pass around, it just sucks.  things can
> suck without them being anyone's fault.  they don't have to build
> against older distribution versions, but it *would* be nice if they'd
> use a minimum-requirements scenario for interlocking package versions.

Here! Here!  I agree with both sentiments!  Things can "suck" without
there being anyone really to blame.  I also agree that it would be nicer
if folks built system applications that were more modular and less
inter-dependent.

Still and all, I'll bet you could download the Tarball from Sendmail.org
and be up and running in about an hour with the latest and greatest
(though if you were going to put in the time, you might as well take the
plunge and go with Postfix).

> i have
> trouble helping people with red hat's apache rpm installed -- and i'm
> one of the frickin' apache developers!  why?  because red hat succumbed
> to a really violent case of n-i-h syndrome, apparently.

<scratching head> n-i-h? </scratching head>

> pardon me, i rant.  i am *not* in a good mood right now.
> --

That's cool.  Let it all out!